Wednesday, March 23, 2011

MY KID IS NO BULLY

Think before you click. This is some brutal footage of a schoolyard bully getting his @#$ whooped.

deadspin.com

Ok if ur lookin for a teachable moment here it is! However you teach your boys not to bully, or how to deal with being bullied,  you may wanna watch this video with them. Thats right I watched this with my son and we had a great discussion about how each kid might of felt and why they were in this situation in the first place. He thought the little guy was pretty stupid for trying to pick on the big Cassey. My advice to my son when it comes to fighting has always been to use it as a last resort, but when you decide that is the road you have to go - then you go full force. I have always subscribed to the peace though strength adage, and have told Cave Boy if someone messes with him to hit them with a chair - kinda my version of shock and awe.
When I was in High School there was a friend of mine who was being picked on by a couple of older kids during gym class. Eventually he got so angry he bashed the back of their skulls with a hockey stick. That kid was never bothered for the next 4 years. Bullying is a hot topic in schools right now and I think that the bigger and stronger kids need to feel as though they are responsible for looking after the smaller kids. I try every day to make Cave Boy bigger ,stronger and more aggressive but not so he can pick on smaller and weaker kids. I want him to be a leader and I tell him all the time that he will grow up to do great things and to be a leader of people. 
Truth is that no one respects a bully, and men may obey a bully but they would never follow one.  I want my son and my nephews to be the next generation of great men, not a gang of hoodlums. A big part of my blog is about how we can mold our sons into the best people they can be, and if we want to do that we have to share the ugly side of human nature with them and explain whats wrong about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment